WSOP Europe Schedule Announced
By Ian Hiaring, Rakeback.com Poker News Staff Writer
The World Series of Poker Europe has become a popular extension of the brand made famous on Fremont Street in Las Vegas. The 2011 edition of the WSOPE will feature seven bracelet tournaments, the most in its five year existence.
The 2011 World Series of Poker Europe will have a two week schedule running from October 7-20.
In addition to the seven gold bracelets available for the winning this year, there’s another new facet to the WSOPE this time around.
The two-week event will be held at the Casino Barrière de Cannes Croisette and the Hôtel Majestic Barrière in the gorgeous coastal city of Cannes, France.
WSOP executive director Ty Stewart is excited about the new venue, stating; “Our new venue in Cannes along with our new partnership with Barrière Poker will offer the best player experience we have ever had for WSOP Europe. Players will find non-stop action throughout the two-week event, plus plenty of fun distractions in Cannes to make this the perfect poker vacation.”
An interesting tournament added to the schedule this year is a split format event that will combine a number of different disciplines. Titled the “All-Around No Limit Hold’em Championship”, the four day event will play Day 1 as 9-handed, Day 2 as six-handed, Day 3 as Heads-Up and the final table will be played heads up.
The full schedule of events is as follows:
- 10/7 Event #1 – €2,680 Six Handed No Limit Hold’em
- 10/8 Event #2 – €1,090 No Limit Hold’em
- 10/10 Event #3 – €5,300 Pot Limit Omaha
- 10/11 Event #4 – €3,200 No Limit Hold’em Shootout
- 10/12 Event #5 – €10,000 No Limit Hold’em (Split Format)
- 10/13 Event #6 – €1,620 Pot Limit Omaha
- 10/15 Event #7 – €10,400 WSOPE Main Event
- 10/15 Non-Bracelet Event – €550 No Limit Hold’em Ladies Event