Erik Seidel Continues Torrid 2011, Wins Again
By Scott Carlson, Rakeback.com Poker News Senior Writer
Stop me if you have heard this before, Erik Seidel wins in 2011. Seidel took out one of the toughest tournament fields ever assembled at the WPT World Championship $100,000 Super High Roller event at the Bellagio in Las Vegas Friday. With the win he added another $1,092,000 to his bank account as he continues to dominate tournament poker in 2011.
From the field of 29 emerged a final table which included the likes of Erick Lindgren (2nd) Daniel Negreanu (3rd), Vivek Rajkumar (4th), Justin Bonomo (5th) and Sam Trickett (8th). Other players who entered but failed to make the final table included Gabe Kaplan, Yevgeniy Timoshenko, Eugene Katchalov, Tony G, Daniel Cates and Phil Galfond.
Seidel’s tournament results so far in 2011:
- $46,560 – PokerStars Caribbean Adventure – $5K 6-Max NLHE
- $295,960 – PokerStars Caribbean Adventure – $25K High Roller
- $618,139 – Aussie Millions – A$100K High Roller
- $2,472,555 – Aussie Millions – A$250K Super High Roller
- $14,500 – LA Poker Classic – $5,100 Heads-Up Championship
- $144,570 – LA Poker Classic – $25,100 High Roller
- $750,000 – NBC National Heads-Up Championship
- $155,103 – WPT Hollywood Poker Open – $9,600 Main Event
- $1,092,000 – WPT World Championship – $100K Super High Roller
That’s a total of $5,589,387 in five months. To put that number into perspective, his 2011 total would be good for 48th on the all time list.
There is no truth to the rumor that the WSOP has been canceled and all 58 bracelets have been awarded to Seidel.
On a side note, Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negreanu sent out one of the sexiest pictures via Twitter before he entered the tournament on Wednesday. Enjoy.