Poker from your mobile

Thread: Poker from your mobile

Tags:
  1. jollymon said:

Default Poker from your mobile

Has anyone here ever tried playing live cash rings on their mobile? If so, what's it like and which sites offer it? To be honest I never knew it existed until I was using Holdempoker the other night and I noticed that they offer a download for mobile phones. The software looks like the usual online job and I was hoping someone might be able to fill me in on how it plays...
  2. Sabrina said:

Never knew it existed...I wonder if that is why some people are so SLOW....they are working from their cell...

Mika Ollila said:

I have never tried mobile phone poker, although I am playing with a mobile phone internet connection as I write. The lag with this thing can exceed 10 seconds
  4. Rowena105 said:

If you say that the lag exceeds 10 seconds you are behind the 8 ball if you are trying to play on your cell.

The only other problem I see is people trying to play while they are driving. After all they alread drive and talk on the cell at the same time causing accidents and slow downs and near misses so this should just be the next step to killing our fellow man.
  5. Liz said:

Playing poker on a cell phone just would not be comfortable at all. I don't even like playing the free little games that come on there. I think I would be a much worse player on my phone. I like to be at home with a nice monitor in front me. Plus I like to a couple of tables at a time.
  6. kelkat said:

It's hard enough reading people while playing on line. I would think playing multiple games at the same time would make it impossible!
  7. PokerPrincess said:

Wow!!! First of all I never knew that it existed but even though I now know about it I just can't see myself doing it. As was said previously, I would like to be able to sit in a comfortable chair with a "LARGE" monitor in front of me so that I could easily see what I am doing.
    PokerPrincess
    Live, Love, Laugh
  8. winningedge said:

ugh, I think cell phone poker is about as retarded as text messages are.. if you're playing poker on your cell phone, you cant possibly be in the correct environment to be playing your best game..
  9. Full House said:

I dont quite see how you can keep a guaranteed connection to the game using a mobile ?

Chances are that your connection drops just as you have that Full House, and looking to drop a fortune. Its not exactly private as well, and I dont really know if it will catch on.
  10. Avian said:

I just don't see this as a practical idea. It would be so hard to navigate using mobile phone controls. The connection issues would be another big problem. I just don't know why you'd need to play using a mobile phone. Are you going to be playing real poker for money while you're walking somewhere? There is no way that you could stay focused in a busy environment.
  11. sub-zero said:

I could see it as practical if you are stuck at an airport or somewhere that you are waiting for an extended period of time. I have a Palm Treo and I think it would work well on there because the internet connection is suppossed to be high-speed, but it really isn't. However, it is better than someone playing on a dial-up connection at home.

MasterMind said:

Agree with you.

I have tried playing in a Palm Treo and the Internet connectivity recalls me the dial-up connection, but slightly faster.

However a friend of mine says that mayb Nokia 770 Internet Tablet may improve gaming performance.
  13. ladygirl99 said:

Athough I havent play poker on the mobile, I think that would be a good idea to play poker online, I am all for embracing new ways how to play poker.
  14. sassybritches72 said:

I never even knew there was such a thing until now, but I cant imagine playing on something so small as a phone. I like my monitor and the larger screen. and I do agree maybe that is why some people are so slow, because they are playing from their phone.
  15. wondering said:

There is nothing that drives me more bananas than a slow player - although, sometimes in turbo I really think that it's a strategy move and they're blaming it on their connection

MasterMind said:

I just found yesterday this smarthphone HTC Excalibur / Dash / S620 ? CELLAZ - cell phones news and specs

Due to its characteristics I was think of its capability to play poke over a mobile device without the pain of poor connectivity.
  17. liexd said:

I wouldnt mind trying this , maybe a hop on a 10/20 cents table while on a ride to somewhere, it will entertain me =D
  18. kerdon said:

Default Try this one

I tried the poker room one and I found it really difficult to manage with the scrolling and slow play. It really put me off.
    I then found this one Aces Royal and they have a clean, stable interface. They don't seem to be connected to any network but I could always find a game. Not too sure they will take US players.

If you hear of anything else let me know.
    Last edited by Mika Ollila; 29th July 2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Removed spam
  19. prarey said:

Though i know playing poker on mobile isn't comfortable yet i tried.
  20. constantoo said:

hi,
    i have an unlocked black berry can i use the game in my phone
  21. johan75 said:

Hello,

I have tried but i don't like to play on mobile....

ufailjerk said:

The screen is too small. After concentrating for some time on the screen - headache