how to win freerolls tournament (partypoker)

Thread: how to win freerolls tournament (partypoker)

Tags:
  1. Divash said:

Default how to win freerolls tournament (partypoker)

do you guys have any tips to win freerolls tournaments in partypoker. The best i got zo far is 33 but I really want tips to get in the top 10.

jspill said:

You're probably playing with solid tournament strategy already, if you're regularly making the top 35 in freerolls. How many have you played?

I wouldn't be too disheartened if you haven't had any final tables yet, even over a large sample size, there's a ton of variance in tournaments of course. And especially freerolls, where blinds usually go up quickly (10 min levels on party, and usually large jumps too) so average stacks are close to 10bb around that time (compared to ~30bb in better structured, higher buy-in real money tournaments).

Maybe you could post a few HHs here of spots you found interesting, and your HUD stats, and maybe members can help.

jspill said:

Have played a few Party freerolls myself actually, the large prizepool ones you get entry to as part of monthly promotions, e.g. the $25k gladiator freeroll.

It takes insane luck to win one, everyone is so short-stacked. You definitely have to run good. But prob the best tip I could offer is to get a 7 day free trial on any major training site (almost all of them offer one of these) and start watching as many MTT vids as you can, watch what the winning grinders do, how they interpret HUD stats, etc. then start posting HHs regularly on a forum and discussing spots with other players.
    Tweeting @rakebackcom.
  4. Divash said:

Quote Originally Posted by jspill View Post
    Have played a few Party freerolls myself actually, the large prizepool ones you get entry to as part of monthly promotions, e.g. the $25k gladiator freeroll.

It takes insane luck to win one, everyone is so short-stacked. You definitely have to run good. But prob the best tip I could offer is to get a 7 day free trial on any major training site (almost all of them offer one of these) and start watching as many MTT vids as you can, watch what the winning grinders do, how they interpret HUD stats, etc. then start posting HHs regularly on a forum and discussing spots with other players.

thanks for the tips