Full Tilt 500,000 play money tournaments.

Thread: Full Tilt 500,000 play money tournaments.

Tags:

frob23 said:

Default Full Tilt 500,000 play money tournaments.

Has anyone here ever played in the 500,000 play money tournaments on Full Tilt Poker Rakeback" onclick="replacer_hook(92)" target="_blank" href="http://www.rakeback.com/full-tilt-poker/">Full Tilt Poker? I've been watching them and they seem very decent. But I only have 300,000 in play money so I am going to work on building it up to 500,000. It seems like a decent way to turn all that play money into real money. Not a lot of real money, sure, but enough to start a bankroll on the site and hopefully keep it going.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of them or played in any.

1st gets $5
    2nd gets $3
    And 3rd-18th get $2.

From what I have observed, the average number of people is less than 50. So that's not a bad chance at getting some cash in exchange for the play money, IMO.
    I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call.

Huskers314 said:

Something for nothing is always good. The time it would take to earn 500,000 play dollars might be exorbitant though. I guess it's a good deal if you're enjoying it while you grind away. Best of luck to you.

frob23 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers314 View Post
    Something for nothing is always good. The time it would take to earn 500,000 play dollars might be exorbitant though. I guess it's a good deal if you're enjoying it while you grind away. Best of luck to you.
    I enjoy playing regardless of the stakes. And I play with some people who won't play real money online, so I am already on the play money tables with them. As for how long it will take to get to 500k in play money... I don't think it will be that long. I got to 180k very quickly (and that was when I started thinking about it) and picked up the next 120k in about 5 hours of play. The players on the play money tables pretty much just hand it over.

But more importantly, I am trying to build a bankroll on FTP without ever making a deposit. To prove to myself that I can do it. It's not about the money (I could put a few hundred on the site tomorrow and it wouldn't hurt me financially) it's about the challenge.

As it stands, I have 27 cents on there from the HORSE freeroll that rakeback held a while back. I rarely used to play on FTP (I like PS more and keep my real money there) but I am trying to play at least 5-6 hours a week on there to build up something.

liladypokerpro said:

Sounds cool I haven't been on FT enough to have even known about that....thanks!
    I see you talking but all I hear is blah blah blah

BUILDMO said:

Default nothing wrong with freerolls

what a good way to earn money
    BUILDMO

Chance favors the prepared Mind

Mika Ollila said:

I checked that every player starts with 1,000 play money chips, which can be reloaded every 5 minutes.

So by gambling you should easily get it doubled, but its gonna be a long way to build that stack to 500,000

But if the average number of participants is about 50, then its a good shot to build a starting bankroll if 18th gets $2.

I've never tried play money games, but I'm tempted to try getting to 500,000 as a challenge. Who wants to start from 1,000 and see who gets to 500,000 first?
  7. KayJay333 said:

I'm up for the challenge! Let's go!

frob23 said:

lol... after I reach 500,000 I'll start again. I'm at 360k (I think) last time I played. And I'm not going to start all over again.

Edit: 363,709 (I just checked)... only 136,291 more to go.

Still, 1,000 to 500,000 is a good challenge. It wasn't as hard as it seemed with a little common sense and bankroll management once I got over about 40k. Below that, I was willing to risk a large chunk of the play money I had; because, it wasn't too hard to get back again if I lost it. Maybe it was 20k when I started playing with a bit more sense. Either way, it wasn't hard to get started. And then you can play a couple sit and gos or play money ring games at the same time... and it can build quickly.

What is sick is that a lot of the play money I have was made in the sit and gos (2k usually) and the FIXED limit tables (razz, stud, hold'em, etc)... which are both much slower ways than the NL Hold'em ring games.

And I don't even want to think about the 50-100k I blew off one afternoon drunkenly trying my hand at PLO before I really had much of an idea of how the turn and river can change things on you.

Mika Ollila said:

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay333 View Post
    I'm up for the challenge! Let's go!
    I already started yesterday evening. Had one play money table open when playing cash games.

It was very easy to go up from the starting 1,000 chips to 6,000 on the lowest 50/100 limit tables. After that I tried higher limit tables that were also loose and highly profitable. The PLO Hi was not so great, and harder to get paid with good hands.

Got up to 40k in limit, and then finished the evening at 26,000 chips. Will try to get higher today.

Anyways, from the initial looks of it this might not be a bad way to start a bankroll, if you do not want to invest any of your own money.

Quote Originally Posted by frob23 View Post
    It wasn't as hard as it seemed with a little common sense and bankroll management once I got over about 40k. Below that, I was willing to risk a large chunk of the play money I had; because, it wasn't too hard to get back again if I lost it.
    I had the same strategy, and gambled up to 20-40k. Moved up to next limit when I had over ten big bets. After 50k it would definitely make sense to start playing with proper bankroll management, as it'll take time to build up again if you lose it all.

Vito_Nuccio said:

Default Bankroll

You appear to have good bankroll management. That is a good thing at any poker level. I see where the challange would be, but why not just play in the freerolls if you want to make it from nothing. There is no need to have prior winnings to play, there is real money for the payoffs, plus there are freerolls going off constantly at every site.

Chris Ferguson did the same as an experiment/challenge 2-3 years ago. He started with nothhing, played in freerolls, kept to strict bankroll rules and turned it into over 10,000 in 17 months. Look up the article, good read.

Thanks,

PointerJake said:

I think I will try as well. Thanks for the post!!
    It all works out in the end!!

frob23 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vito_Nuccio View Post
    You appear to have good bankroll management. That is a good thing at any poker level. I see where the challange would be, but why not just play in the freerolls if you want to make it from nothing. There is no need to have prior winnings to play, there is real money for the payoffs, plus there are freerolls going off constantly at every site.

Chris Ferguson did the same as an experiment/challenge 2-3 years ago. He started with nothhing, played in freerolls, kept to strict bankroll rules and turned it into over 10,000 in 17 months. Look up the article, good read.

Thanks,
    In the freerolls, 27 places pay out of 2,700 people... that's the top 1%. In the play money game 18 places pay out of about 50. That's better than 1/3rd of the players finishing in the money.

Sure, you need to get the 500,000 in play money first and that takes time. But the time I've wasted on freerolls is easily more than I have taken to get nearly 400k in play money. You need to be waiting 45 minutes before it starts to get in... and then you will need to get lucky to get in the top 1%. I've gotten reasonably close on FTP (in the 50-60 range) but never made it. On PS (with even larger fields and 2 rounds to go through), I have a grand return of less than $3 for all the hours I have put into freerolls (many, many hours).

I am not saying that either way is better than the other. But I haven't had much return from the FTP freerolls. In fact, I have made less than $1 from freerolls on FTP (thanks to this site). And you can't play any tables with that much.

frob23 said:

I am at 406,299 in play money. Today was the first day I have played in a while and I didn't play for long. Actually, I really just got lucky to make most of that. I had QQ against a guy who flopped a set. He decided to slow-play it... called my bet on the flop. I checked the turn after he did (it was a blank but the flop had an A on it which concerned me with his call)... and the river was a Q. I bet, he raised, I shoved... he called... set over set... and I stacked him. If I could keep getting that lucky... I would be at 500k in another 2 hours.

93,701 to go.

liladypokerpro said:

Good luck Frob.....go get 'em!!!!
    I see you talking but all I hear is blah blah blah
  15. KayJay333 said:

I started with the 1000 yesterday and I'm up to over 60K, I'm going to keep grinding it out and try to play in the next 500K thing. It seems like a decent way to win money for free. If only it was this easy to turn $1000 into $60,000 in real money......
  16. KayJay333 said:

got up to 700K in play money now I'm playing in the $40 freeroll. This seems like a pretty easy way to make some free money

frob23 said:

Sweet man. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it went. I hope the play is as easy as it looked to be when I railed the thing.
  18. p0kertime said:

Default hi

if it sounds to good to be true it probaly is so they do have a playchip store tho im sure of that

frob23 said:

Quote Originally Posted by p0kertime View Post
    if it sounds to good to be true it probaly is so they do have a playchip store tho im sure of that
    How is this too good to be true? And I've seen a member of this site play it and make $2 from it.

They have a playchip store? Where?

Huskers314 said:

When do these tournies run? I can't seem to find one on Full Tilt.

I Eat MyNemesis said:

i have never heard of this trny and i have a million PC.

Huskers314 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers314 View Post
    When do these tournies run? I can't seem to find one on Full Tilt.
    Never mind....found it.
  23. bowlaman said:

I used to do the 500K freerolls. I played like 8 or so a year ago or so. I cashed in 6 and won 2. I usually just played them cause I was bored and there were no good tournaments. I have something like 168Mil in play chips. I will usually play my tournaments like the $10 90 person KO and also have a 10K 25K table going in play money. I get like 3-5 offers a week for $20 for 10Mil play chips. I usually do that and just win more playing against morons. Its a good way to keep my roll boosted from just playing fake chips.
  24. marysgirl883 said:

Default play chips

I have not played in a 500,000 play chip tournament since I do not have that many chips. I do play in the 250 and do have fun. I have noticed that this summer I was playing with the "all in boys" which drove me nuts...But since the winter is coming they are now playing poker and a 250 chip game takes an hour to play with 9 people. Still have fun, would just like to win more. HA HA
  25. bowlaman said:

they run in the afternoon every day. I have 132Mil in play chips. I used to play them back in the day before I turned 18 and could play for real money. I have started selling them off in 1Mil incroments, I can get anywhere from $5-$20 per mil. So its not bad to have if I ever want to boost the roll. But heck I never play the 500K tournaments anymore. It was fun back when i didnt really have a solid real money roll. But now its pointless to play 1 hour for $2 lol.
  26. Rosh1991 said:

i have 500k..how can ai transorm my points intro money?:-?
  27. johan75 said:

Hi all of You,

What a nice way to earn money...??