Who is the best football quarterback ever.

Thread: Who is the best football quarterback ever.

Tags:

EliminateU said:

Default Who is the best football quarterback ever.

Leaving politics behind, let's get to another heated topic. Post your pick, list his accomplishment (college, pro, or both) and at the end we'll count it up and see what the consensus is and who RB members feel is the best.

I'll post my pick a little later. Strangely his pro team is one that I hate, but you have to give him his due.

grndizzle said:

It's hard to narrow it down to one, and since I'm only 28 I never seen Unitas, Bradshaw, and the rest of the legends. So I'm going with Montana, Cause all he did was win!

EliminateU said:

Quote Originally Posted by grndizzle View Post
    It's hard to narrow it down to one, and since I'm only 28 I never seen Unitas, Bradshaw, and the rest of the legends. So I'm going with Montana, Cause all he did was win!

As a Rams fan I hated him, but he was amazing. When looking at his stats they surprised me by not being bigger/better. Shows numbers aren't everything, or Marino would have a fistful of rings.
  4. C8H10N4O2 said:

Rick Mirer FTW!

EliminateU said:

Quote Originally Posted by dew12109 View Post
    Rick Mirer FTW!
    Build a case for him. You'd have to stick with his college achievements, I assume, to get some traction. His Notre Dame days were pretty successful and made him a boatload of money as the second overall pick. In pro ball was he the worst 2nd or Ryan Leaf?

P.S. Yes I know you were being tongue-in-cheek, but you could build a case for him in college I think (haven't looked at his stats, and did ND win NC with him?).
  6. C8H10N4O2 said:

Depending on what scoring guide you use, he can come in first. Ryan leaf would come in 3rd. That scoring guide is based on average yards per play I believe. I really doubt that good of a case could be built for him, but it would be interesting to see someone try to build a case for him. But then, if we're talking about greatest quarterback of all time, that person would probably be required to have been successful beyond just the college level.

EliminateU said:

Quote Originally Posted by dew12109 View Post
    Depending on what scoring guide you use, he can come in first. Ryan leaf would come in 3rd. That scoring guide is based on average yards per play I believe. I really doubt that good of a case could be built for him, but it would be interesting to see someone try to build a case for him. But then, if we're talking about greatest quarterback of all time, that person would probably be required to have been successful beyond just the college level.

Let's not split hairs. We could see people nominate great college QBs (jamiel holliway, eric crouch) , bad/avg college QBs but great at NFL (Tom Brady, Johnny Unitas), or great in both. Not rocket science...your personal evcitement of watching a particular player should count highly. And if narrowing to one is to tough we can all pick 3 (order them though for fun). I think that probably makes the most sense anyway.
  8. ibew481indy said:

Default well

my heart says peyton manning/but i'll go with jeff george
  9. craig bart said:

i'm sure with a million stats you'll still not come up with a winner so you have to go with what your head says and it has to be montana. if he had 1 drive , 1 play and had to do it he would! no substitute for that
  10. C8H10N4O2 said:

What about Mark Martin? Now there's someone who can drive.

EliminateU said:

MY vote would be Roger Staubach. He was way ahead of his time, and was nearly unstoppable with the game on the line.
  12. ngtmarpete said:

If you look at all his statistics there is no argument. Steve Young tops most of them

travz21 said:

Bill Belichick
    Think for yourself. Question authority.