PTOTW Pool... cause I'm still in the football mode!

Thread: PTOTW Pool... cause I'm still in the football mode!

Tags:

gamer4life27 said:

Default PTOTW Pool... cause I'm still in the football mode!

Yeah, you heard me. I want to create more excitement about the PTOTW, so I want to create a pool. On here, I will update every week on which contestants will be nominated (I will not know until they are posted), and we get to choose who will win!

The way to enter is simple:

1. You place your bet on who will win.
    2. You send me the chips (I am the only chip keeper). This chip amount will be set at the same price so that no one is overbidding someone else, or any conflicts. (amount as of yet is set at 100 chips).
    3. We wait to see who wins, and distribute the prizes evenly!

Now there are some rules to this:

1. You can not bet on yourself if you are in the tournament.
    2. You can not tell others who to bet on.
    3. At exactly 1 hour before the final tournament starts, the bidding will be closed, meaning even if you posted on here who you want to bet for and I don't receive the chips by that mark, then your bet doesn't count and your chips will be returned.
    4. You can have as many shares of as many people as you want. (ex. if you bet on person a, person b, and person c to win, and want to bet 200 chips on each, then you have 2 shares each of person a, person b, and person c. If that person wins, then it will be like you won for two people instead of just yourself.)

After all the bets are in, I will post the pot size, who bet on who, and the payout structure for each of the people.

That is it. Mods, you are free to play as well. No limits to this pool. So good luck, and have fun!

p.s. It is still up in the air if I want to split the pool in the payout structure of the tournament or just pay out the winner.

p.p.s. If you place a bet on someone, and they don't play in the tournament, then your chips will automatically be returned to you.
    Want a real challenge? PM me about the Chris Ferguson challenge! (which I can now say I have completed myself!)
    "I came into this world against my consent, and I will leave this world against my will." -Phil Laak

frob23 said:

At one point, I had a parimutuel program that I made which did this exact sort of thing. Of course, mine had a little provision for a house cut of a percentage chosen by the operator. It allowed a person to bet as much as they wanted. It was a fun little thing. Don't know what happened to it.

This could be fun but I'm not sure how much action you'll see. How many people even pay attention to the PTOTW if they're not in it?
    I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call.

gamer4life27 said:

Yeah, it's still under construction. I don't know. Just a little thought I had because I wanted to do a system on here so that there is more to do with our chips.
    Want a real challenge? PM me about the Chris Ferguson challenge! (which I can now say I have completed myself!)
    "I came into this world against my consent, and I will leave this world against my will." -Phil Laak