When short stacked, do you push everytime with four to a flush draw?

Thread: When short stacked, do you push everytime with four to a flush draw?

Tags:

Esqueleto said:

Default When short stacked, do you push everytime with four to a flush draw?

Situation:

Two people left in the hand.

If you have less than 15 big blinds and you are holding two suited cards, let's say 's.

The flop comes , do you push everytime in this situation, no matter what 's you are holding?

I cannot think of a reason not to.

DeadBabySoup said:

It's not wrong to push all in, but you could play it a couple different ways:

1) Bet the pot. If he has nothing, he'll just as likely fold to a pot bet as an all in. This reduces your risk of getting knocked out. And if he reraises, you can still call all in.

2) Check raise all in. If you check, he may bet with nothing to steal the pot. Your re-raise may be enough to get him out of the hand, depending how much more it is to call. I like this if you're on the nut flush draw as you're likely ahead in the hand anyway with ace high. In this situation you probably want a call.

Keep in mind, you're only 35% to hit your flush draw. Some people seem to think it's 50%, but it's not. Personally, I like option 1 the best. It disguises your hand a bit more than an all in. And it gives you the best chance of winning the hand with less risk.