hacking pokerstars. is that possible?

Thread: hacking pokerstars. is that possible?

Tags:
  1. KINO2WIN said:

Default hacking pokerstars. is that possible?

I was looking some videos today on youtube. and then appeared a video about hacking pokerstars and fulltilt. Of i got curious to see whats going on with that video, and look like somebody could see all the oponents cards. Is that possible?? I feel really intrigued.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeYYpF5y14"]YouTube- Hack Pokerstars and Full Tilt Poker Rakeback" onclick="replacer_hook(92)" target="_blank" href="http://www.rakeback.com/full-tilt-poker/">Full Tilt Poker to see opponent hole cards #1 FullTiltPoker[/ame]

Acutally i feel a little bit stupid to open this thread, but i feel really intrigued about this.

Sick_pro said:

Maybe it's possible, but that guy is saying that its legal!
    Thats just Impossible.
    He asks $49 99 if you want to buy the software.
    Why would he wants $49 99 if his system works?
    He can get thousands of dollars a week.
    So, don't think it's possible.
    Last edited by Sick_pro; 3rd December 2009 at 06:29 AM.
    Winning Player
  3. C8H10N4O2 said:

I HIGHLY doubt that this is anywhere near possible. I mean, as specunder is saying, if you were capable of pulling something off like this, why would you sell it? It'd get exposed so much easier, and you could be playing a heck of a lot higher than $10NL and be making an absolute KILLING.

frob23 said:

This also ignores the fact that you aren't being sent the hole card information of the players at any time until the hands are shown down. There is nothing for this program to "crack" on your computer to make this work. The only ways to see the hole cards of other players during the hand fall into two categories:

• A server side exploit: this is an inside job similar to the Absolute and Ultimate Bet scandals.

This program certainly does not function by these means. Such an exploit would be extremely valuable and would need to be kept absolutely secret or the door would be closed.
    • "Hacking" the computers of each and every person you are at the table with.

This is more likely what is going on. The player has gotten the other players to download and run infected software on their computers. Now, when he sits with any of those players and activates his program, he will be able to see their hole cards. Of course, this means he needs to find a way to get each of the other players infected and he will not be able to see players who are not infected.

I am willing to bet, if this video is legitimate at all, the other players on this table are all friends of his who have intentionally infected their own computers to allow him to make this video. They are playing on a small stake because it prevents any of them from losing too much money. There might be a small number of players on a site that have been infected in this manner but the odds of running into them is tiny. And you're not going to be able to do much. The odds of running into a table where every single player is infected is just microscopic. That's why I am sure these were all people who probably knew the author in some manner.

As a postscript, I am willing to bet a large sum of money that the program you pay $50 for is also a carrier for this infection. So you'll be infecting yourself and opening up your hole cards to be seen by any other player who also has the program. And you'll probably be known to the author so he can (and will) be watching for you to play so he can steal more money from you on the table. You'll rarely, if ever, benefit from it but you stand a very real chance of being wiped out because of it.
    I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call.

travz21 said:

So you're telling me none of you other guys can see everyone's cards? That must be hard.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.
  6. C8H10N4O2 said:

Frob.... is this even possible? Are the files that would have the whole card information actually accessible prior to the hand being completed? I know they are available AFTER the hand has completed... or tracking programs wouldn't work... but is there any way they would even be available before?
  7. C8H10N4O2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    So you're telling me none of you other guys can see everyone's cards? That must be hard.
    If you can see other people's cards... you are REALLY bad if you are still only playing $100nl.

frob23 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dew12109 View Post
    Frob.... is this even possible? Are the files that would have the whole card information actually accessible prior to the hand being completed? I know they are available AFTER the hand has completed... or tracking programs wouldn't work... but is there any way they would even be available before?
    Short Answer: No. It is not possible.

Long Answer: Maybe... but only under certain conditions. Say I create a program and convince you to install it on your computer. This program looks at *your* hole cards when they are sent to you by the poker site. Obviously, your computer needs to know your hole cards because they need to be shown to you while you play the hand. Now, my program looks into your client and finds your hole cards. And then it sends them to my computer (like I have programmed it to do). Well, now I know your cards because your computer was tricked into sending them to my computer.

Say LiladyPokerPro joins us. She refused to run my program on her computer. The poker website sends her the cards she is dealt. But, since she didn't run my program, her computer isn't going to send that card information to my computer. It has no reason to send her hole cards anywhere. And the poker site isn't going to send the information to me until after the hand is played out and only if she goes to showdown (or chooses to show her cards after everyone folds). There is no possible way for me to see the cards during the hand because she isn't running my program to sneak a peek at them for me.

The same holds true for any other players on the table. If they somehow got infected with my program... it would look at the cards the poker site sent to them... and send that information over to my computer. If they didn't get infected by my program, that would never happen. I would be able to know the cards for every infected player but not the uninfected.

It is extremely difficult to get someone infected. And the odds of running into them often enough to make it worth the effort are not there. But it does happen... and if you get the right person and manage to play against them, it can be extremely profitable (See: http://www.rakeback.com/poker-forum/...y-lodden-5911/ ). That link is to a high profile player who was tricked into getting infected and then lost a bunch of money playing the person who infected their computer.
    I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call.
  9. C8H10N4O2 said:

I was aware this had happened in the past. I just wasn't sure if it were still possible. I would have thought that after that scam was exposed, the sites would have fixed their security in how the hole cards were delivered to your computer. But I don't know, I guess since your computer has to know your hole cards in order to display them, there is still the possibility of it being hacked. I just failed to think of the fact that your hole card display file could be hacked. I was thinking more a long the lines of being able to view hand history files.

travz21 said:

Oh, I'm bad.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

liladypokerpro said:

obviously it's possible if you're watching it happen. the question is, did he spend hours upon hours making it all himself from a hand history, then recording it using a screen capture software as if he was actually playing, or did he truly hack the software and we are watching it in action? if he hacked it, and he's obviously selling it from the comments on his vid, then it must work and there are no telling how many people using it. it's sick to think of how many people would happily cheat without a care in the world. people are really fucked up these days.
    I see you talking but all I hear is blah blah blah
  12. HeyKidMove said:

I'm going to assume that the people commenting about having the software are friends of his. I really have a hard time believing that if a software like this existed that it would only be sold for $50. And again, why would he sell it? If he is the only one with it, you would make much more money just playing poker.
  13. C8H10N4O2 said:

The response from pokerstars about the video...

"Thank you for your email.

We welcome the opportunity to both reassure our players that we take such reports seriously and to research the specifics of any such claim to demonstrate that they are false.

Thanks to the anonymous nature of being behind a computer and generally free speech on the Internet, people can make all sorts of joking or false claims. For example, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouUUWpEec0"]YouTube- Proof of moon landing hoax![/ame] shows a faked claim (using digital film editing) that the Apollo 11 Moon Landing was a fake.

Fortunately for those of us who believe that integrity is important in online poker, the various claims that PokerStars has been hacked are universally false.

The video you have seen is a fake. The client cannot be hacked to show the actual hole cards of other players, or the cards yet to come. That information is simply *NOT AVAILABLE* to the client. It is not even transmitted from our servers until the instant the information needs to be shown on screen, and cannot be *requested* by the client.

In the video that you sent to us, the player just edited the video AFTER the fact to include the hole cards of hands that had already been dealt. It is like taking a receipt from the bank, and changing the numbers on it to make it appear that you have $1 million in your account. Changing the receipt after the fact does not change the real balance in your bank account.

As further proof, carefully watch that video YOU mentioned again. Note how the player had AQ in the first hand that they claimed to "predict". If you have Ace-Queen there, then why would you bet or raise if you know someone else has pocket jacks and you know your hand is worse? This makes no sense.

In this video, the fraudster has taken signfiicant effort to obscure the user names and hand numbers. When the hand numbers and/or player names are visible in similar videos, every time we have gone back to compare what they show in their video with what is in the server, the video is flat out wrong.

All this software will do is line the pockets of the fraudster who sold you the fake software... and quite possibly plant spyware on your OWN computer. (If someone is willing to cheat you once by selling you fake software, do you trust them not to cheat you TWICE by planting spyware?)

I hope this has answered your question completely. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time you need anything.

Sincerely,

Michael J
    PokerStars Game Security Team"

The e-mail from Full Tilt

"Thank you for your email.

As an industry leader, Full Tilt Poker uses the most advanced and secure encryption software and hardware available. As a result, cards are unknown to all players at the table until they are dealt. In other words, there are no programs that can reveal your hole cards to others or determine which cards will come up on the board.

For a full explanation of the methods Full Tilt Poker uses to ensure a fair and unpredictable gaming experience, please visit our website at: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/random-number-generator

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Regards,

Paul
    Security
    Full Tilt Poker"

I was happier with pokerstars' response as they show they actually watched the video and investigated the matter. I was not happy however, that he responded in a way that made it seem as though he believed I had purchased something trying to hack their software. They received an e-mail back about how I didn't even visit the site given in the video and about my lack of appreciation for such claims. But, their e-mail was definitely better than Full Tilt's e-mail. Full Tilt's e-mail was just plain too standard for my taste. Regardless, for what it is worth, there are the two e-mails I received.
  14. gerhardt said:

Only watched a few seconds, and the topic was well covered by frob and dew.

Please waste you're money on this bullsh*t, and WHEN you are broke, please vote for me as president!"?
  15. KINO2WIN said:

I didnt bought this bullshit, but honestly iam pretty sure there are alot of people buying this crap. when i first saw the video i was like convinced that its possible, then i clicked in the link for the site and watched the video again. After watching the video 4 times, i started to think that there is something wrong with the video. If somebody wants to sell a good produt he must have some appeal. the video quality is very shitty and the site is in the same way too.

Thank you guys for the answers, and honestly iam happy that this threat is having feed back in the comunity, to alarm people against this kind of stuff.

liladypokerpro said:

The response from pokerstars about the video...

...In the video that you sent to us, the player just edited the video AFTER the fact to include the hole cards of hands that had already been dealt...
    I especially liked this part because it's essentially exactly what I said LMAO

As further proof, carefully watch that video YOU mentioned again. Note how the player had AQ in the first hand that they claimed to "predict". If you have Ace-Queen there, then why would you bet or raise if you know someone else has pocket jacks and you know your hand is worse? This makes no sense.
    This part made me LOL because they are looking at it TOO logically... if he was cheating, why make it obvious? That's how the dumbasses at UB got caught LMAO So of course if someone's cheating they're gonna do something that doesn't make sense to cover their tracks.... so if someone happens to fathom that they might be cheating, they would look at it (as PS did in this case) and say "Ohhh no they're not cheating... look what they did with that AQ" LOL Not saying this is the case in this instance, but just saying Pokerstars needs not be so naive...
    I see you talking but all I hear is blah blah blah
  17. thetartin said:

maybe better for you too use the money on hold'em indicator...
  18. C8H10N4O2 said:

I agree with your second paragraph lilady. I thought the exact same thing when I read that, but I wasn't going to try to argue that point with them in my corresponding e-mail. I had already bit off enough to say

PacHo21 said:

Man, this is hard work, but if you are a good programer maybe you can do something but they will update the client and you will loose a lot of time to do it. Be happy and play with out shit's.