18 paid im 19th w/pkt 5's result

Thread: 18 paid im 19th w/pkt 5's result

Tags:
  1. hcpt_850 said:

Default 18 get pd your 19th w/pkt 5s

Ok your in a cash tourney and you have blinds of 200 / 400 your chip stack is
    1200 your right at the cash but you are in dead last .avg chip stack is 9k.
    dealler gives you 55 . 4 people call big blind What do i do should i call or push 55?
    i only have 3 big blinds left im right at money 18th pays 34.00
  2. phaul said:

How much do the other callers have? Are there any other short stacks on the table/in the tournament?

For example, if you're on the button and two of the callers are short you should fold as there's a decent likelihood one of them will bust that hand, and even if not they'll hit the blinds before you.

But to be honest, unless you've just lost a large pot, you shouldn't really ever have 3bbs. You should have shoved before then.

grndizzle said:

I agree with Phaul, you should never have only 3 BB's.

If nobody else is in immediate danger of getting swallowed up by the blinds then you have to shove. If you luck out and hit your set you'll end up having a stack that's close to average.

Barely squeaking into the money in an MTT isn't going to do much other than make you your buy in back, so unless it's an expensive MTT you need to take a chance somewhere.

travz21 said:

Timebank fold any 2 until you're auto all-in pf. Or until you make the money. Then shove immediately with any 2 cards.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.
  5. ballboy75 said:

At the curretn rate, you will have just over 1 cycle until your blinded out compltetly(assuming there are antes).
    I tend to agree with the other statements above, letting yourself slip to 3 BB's is a crime and should serve to teach oyu next time muster up the courage and either shuve dealer or just blind if you arent seeing any normal cards.
    I personally have always prefferd being busted out of a tourney when I shuve and lose rather than just praying to last and ultimatly getting blinded out, its annoyign and you let the control of your tourney go to others.
    Definitly take the active route and be the aggressor. letting yourself be passive here is just giving the bigger stacks more dead money and digging yourself into a deeper hole.
    If you shuve at those levels and win a flip, you soon can see yourself become chip leader.
    Its very quick swings when the blinds are so high although you said the average stack is 9K\21 BB's, which means your kinda like a guy with one leg trying to win a 100meter sprint against
    Usain Bolt.
    Let me tell you something-you aint gonna win unless someone from the crowd shoots him,
    probably a 2% of that happening\1 out.
    next time do yourself the favor of sparing yourself the grief of grinding it out until the money.

Regarding the actual hands-you said 4 limpers, they all have hands that flip with your 5's unless one of them suffers from a severe mental handicap and has elected to call with something like A3s.
    If you shuve, your likely to get at least 2 callers, if not more. This is pretty much the hammer stroke for you as they will probably check it down to eliminate you as the bubble boy, adding to your frustration.
    The only good thing that could happen is if another mentally impaired player decides to bluff the non existant side pot. Again, very unlikely. Hitting a set aint likely to happen either.

I think that from all these extremly wierd and stupid scenarios im illustrating you can figure out that I believe you made a huge mistake in letting yourself get into the bad situation and its gonna take more luck the longer you wait, thats usually how it is when short-stacked on the tourney bubbles.

btw-what was your final result? You play the 5's? you make the money?
    Im gonna guess you shuved and lost due to your OP which states that you has 3 BB's+5's+position.

Hope im wrong.....
    Ogres and donks beware... i have a pitchfork!!!
    Econ-wanna play house with me???
  6. phaul said:

Quote Originally Posted by ballboy75 View Post
    which means your kinda like a guy with one leg trying to win a 100meter sprint against
    Usain Bolt.
    Let me tell you something-you aint gonna win unless someone from the crowd shoots him,
    probably a 2% of that happening1 out.
    There's a 2% chance of someone in the crowd shooting Usain Bolt?!!
  7. hcpt_850 said:

Quote Originally Posted by phaul View Post
    How much do the other callers have? Are there any other short stacks on the table/in the tournament?

For example, if you're on the button and two of the callers are short you should fold as there's a decent likelihood one of them will bust that hand, and even if not they'll hit the blinds before you.

But to be honest, unless you've just lost a large pot, you shouldn't really ever have 3bbs. You should have shoved before then.
    rest of table is sitting on near avg and higher
  8. hcpt_850 said:

Default 18 paid im 19th w/pkt 5's result

well i did push my 5's one person called w/AQ i hit trips on flop and won that hand
    landing on AA very next hand i call chip leader's allin now we have KK vs AA river threw him Trips landing me in just out the money!
  9. irishpkr said:

Oh my god, wow, AQ drew out on 55, I just KNEW that was gonna happen, COOL STORY BRO!

frob23 said:

Quote Originally Posted by irishpkr View Post
    Oh my god, wow, AQ drew out on 55, I just KNEW that was gonna happen, COOL STORY BRO!
    55 won the first hand. He bubbled the next hand with AA v KK.

I've merged these two threads together. There's really no point in having them separate... and they probably wouldn't have stayed together if either got bumped; so, it would have been harder to follow the topic.
    I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call.
  11. yeahbaby said:

"I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call."

That is too funny ! Is it something you thought of or Rodney Dangerfield say it ?

travz21 said:

On hole 12 in Caddyshack, Rodney said that exact quote to me. It still serves as a vital life lesson. God bless his soul.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

frob23 said:

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbaby View Post
    "I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call."

That is too funny ! Is it something you thought of or Rodney Dangerfield say it ?
    It's based on a combination of a real life event and someone complaining about their bets not getting respected here. My response to them was something like, "You think your bets aren't respected... last Friday I moved all-in and someone from another table tried to call." I liked it but decided to shorten it and with the respect thing... it sounded like something Rodney Dangerfield might say... so I changed it to the current form.
    I get no respect. . . when I move all-in, people from other tables call.
  14. irishpkr said:

Quote Originally Posted by frob23 View Post
    55 won the first hand. He bubbled the next hand with AA v KK.

I've merged these two threads together. There's really no point in having them separate... and they probably wouldn't have stayed together if either got bumped; so, it would have been harder to follow the topic.
    Sorry I was just playing on the fact that it is like, pretty much inconsequential what actually happened
  15. bigslick1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by hcpt_850 View Post
    Ok your in a cash tourney and you have blinds of 200 / 400 your chip stack is
    1200 your right at the cash but you are in dead last .avg chip stack is 9k.
    dealler gives you 55 . 4 people call big blind What do i do should i call or push 55?
    i only have 3 big blinds left im right at money 18th pays 34.00
    If your really want to win some money, then by alll means fold. If $34 bucks won't kill you and you want to go for a win then call. I personally call this.Remember this saying: Don't play to mincash, play to wincash. Best bubble advice ever.