high stakes poker season 7 !?

Thread: high stakes poker season 7 !?

Tags:

david4444 said:

Default high stakes poker season 7 !?

Do we realy want to see another season of high stakes ? im not sure...
    the last 2 seasons were very slow on my opinion, i dont know how to explain it...
    i mean a lot of players stop playing there usual play, its seems like the game got to tight
    if i compare it to seasons 1-4.
    in the first 4 seasons there where more aggressive play, players were gambleing alot
    and seen more flops!
    i think the game in the last 2 season got more conservative and for us the viewer
    its less interesting and less attractive.
    i think that a player like sami farha (was in season 1-4 and not on 5-6 )
    can be the difference, this character on is own did the first 4 seasons with his gambling
    and his unleached game.
    i realy Miss that kind of hands (that can never happend on my opinion if the same groop of
    players will be in the high stakes poker season 7 ):
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRgwMMn2bCg
    Last edited by Mika Ollila; 26th October 2010 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Video link fix
  2. irishpkr said:

I mean if your idea of great poker is two guys with extensive history getting it all in for a coinflip... hell if it's so great, the whole ESPN coverage of the WSOP is a load of coinflips The most recent season(s) have probably had the most stacked line up of players, Ivey, durrrr, PA, and a number of other 'internet players'. All these guys make a lot of (unconventional for the viewer) moves. Which isn't to say Sammy isn't great, he adds a lot of personality to the table, fun to watch, definitely a good addition to the line up

david4444 said:

Quote Originally Posted by irishpkr View Post
    I mean if your idea of great poker is two guys with extensive history getting it all in for a coinflip... hell if it's so great, the whole ESPN coverage of the WSOP is a load of coinflips The most recent season(s) have probably had the most stacked line up of players, Ivey, durrrr, PA, and a number of other 'internet players'. All these guys make a lot of (unconventional for the viewer) moves. Which isn't to say Sammy isn't great, he adds a lot of personality to the table, fun to watch, definitely a good addition to the line up
    you need to see the all picture, when i wath this video its not just the all in ... its every thing
    around it , ( dont forget theres a different between get it all in when you play a tournament
    and when you play a cash game ), its just an example of an exciting poker tv,
    you can feel the adrenaline running in every player in this hand (even the ones thats not involved in the hand ) thats is my idea of good poker tv, there was alot of all in hands in the last 2 seasons that didnt come close to this rush...
  4. C8H10N4O2 said:

Quote Originally Posted by david4444 View Post
    the last 2 seasons were very slow on my opinion, i dont know how to explain it...
    i mean a lot of players stop playing there usual play, its seems like the game got to tight
    Are you kidding me?!?!?! Have you even seen all of seasons 5 and 6?

travz21 said:

Give Doyle's spot to Sammy. Keep the lineups as dominant as last season otherwise.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

grimReaper said:

Where are all the fkin women? I noticed something was wrong in season 5, realized the problem later.
  7. phaul said:

Quote Originally Posted by david4444 View Post
    in the first 4 seasons there where more aggressive play, players were gambleing alot
    and seen more flops!
    i think the game in the last 2 season got more conservative and for us the viewer
    its less interesting and less attractive.
    i think that a player like sami farha (was in season 1-4 and not on 5-6 )
    can be the difference, this character on is own did the first 4 seasons with his gambling
    and his unleached game.
    i realy Miss that kind of hands (that can never happend on my opinion if the same groop of
    players will be in the 7 season):
    What? Are you kidding? Season 6 in particular was absolutely epic! I dunno about you, but I don't particularly care about a load of rich people flipping coins, I'd much rather see great poker with the world's best players trying to outplay each other. Also, one thing last season definitely was not is conservative! The epic Durrrr-Ivey hand to name but one?

But anyway, if you really love that kind of hand, what was wrong with the Greenstein-Durrrr hand in season 5?

I'd keep last season's lineup as it was but remove Matusow, Brunson and Hellmuth (in that order) and see more of people like Antonius, Galfond and Veldhuis.

grimReaper said:

Galfond and Veldhuis's play didn't impress me. And Phil Hellmuth adds a lot of entertainment.
  9. phaul said:

I thought Veldhuis played pretty well and he ran quite bad. I don't think we saw enough of Galfond tbh, he barely played, but I kinda agree, didn't think he was as impressive as his online record would purport. I enjoyed watching Hellmuth play, it really felt like sharks were zooming in on a helpless fish who thought he was a lot bigger than he really was. However, I think one show of him was enough for me, he quickly became irritating.

travz21 said:

Anyone can look shitty playing 15 hands an hour live. I thought Veldhuis picked a ton of good spots and still got owned somehow. It reminded me of me.

And if we are taking all the outclassed players off the lineup, we might as well take Negreanu off too. I just love seeing Hellmuth and Daniel getting beat relentlessly. But it would be sweet to see a table (almost) full of equal skill levels. Durrrr, Ivey, and Antonius are still above the rest imo.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

grimReaper said:

From memory, I thought Veldhuis was a little spewy and tilty, Galfond made some big loose calls.
  12. keanosdog said:

Default f

i'd like to see more of galfond.and lex.

keep ivey duur and PA.

any other 4will do.

guys like doyle and sammy bring some good conversation to the table too.
  13. phaul said:

Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    And if we are taking all the outclassed players off the lineup, we might as well take Negreanu off too. I just love seeing Hellmuth and Daniel getting beat relentlessly. But it would be sweet to see a table (almost) full of equal skill levels. Durrrr, Ivey, and Antonius are still above the rest imo.
    I took Hellmuth and Matusow off cos both their poker and personalities are annoying, and Brunson is the most boring nit ever. I really can't stand Matusow after season 6, he's a whiny little bitch. While Negreanu is outclassed, he's still fun to watch, plays a lot of pots and has good table talk. Also, you need a couple of people like Negreanu and Laak there to get people like Lex (and Antonius) to play. I think the show would be poorer if Negreanu wasn't there.
  14. irishpkr said:

If I had to pick an ideal lineup:

Durrrr - no brainer
    Ivey - as above
    Antonius - another
    Negreanu - he brings a great presence and personality to the table, always involved in a lot of pots, granted he's not the best player, but he's working on his game
    Hellmuth - OK he's obviously the mark at the table but he has a lot more character than the durrrr/Ivey/PA group, generally a lot of banter between DN and PH, as well as....
    Matusow - Decent player in my eyes, table would be a lot more boring without him

The above 6 are great because: the first 3 bring the great play, and the other 3 bring the personality/star power that casual viewers want. A lot of the best poker TV has involved PH blow-ups, as well as PH bluffing Matusow off KK with 72 :P

OK I'm stuck for the rest, but I like the Antonio/Laak dynamic, their 'Lodden thinks' table talk on PAD was IMO quite priceless, and they're interesting characters. Would like to see some other top internet players. I think the hate on Galfond is slightly unfair. We see so few hands, he can be running card dead for hours, etc. I feel a problem they have is that the ultra aggressive style that works on line takes a bit of work to translate to live play. Durrrr has done it, I'm sure others will in the future

The Brunsons are boring, BarryG as well, the whole 'raise good hands and cbet 100%' has got old for me