|Calculation Tool||Uses||Tutorial||Example Calcs||Notes||Related Pages|
Note: The rakeback you get will be lower if you play tighter than average and higher if your play is looser.
1. Use the drop down menus to select your game type and stake level, e.g. $0.25/$0.50 6m PLO. For MTT / SNG players, enter your average buy in amount in dollars.
2. Enter your hands/day, or for tournament play, the number of games you play per day.
3. Click 'Advanced Options' to input your current VIP level and VIP Player Point (VPP) count, plus the starting date you'd like to project your rakeback rewards from.
4. Hit 'Calculate' to display the rakeback percentage you'll achieve after earning the annual rakeback and number of FPPs shown. Your year end VIP status and FPP value at that level is also shown.
5. Hover your mouse over the graph to display your rakeback percentage and cumulative rewards as of each month. Click 'Next year' to see how your efforts will pay off even more so later - your rakeback % starts higher due to having a higher FPP multiplier from the beginning, as your VIP status carries over into the next year.
A) Planning a Supernova Elite run
Player D now decides to move up to 5PLO. Staying at this level for a year, they'll earn over $40/month in rewards, and more than double their rakeback % with the same daily volume. As a Silver VIP they can buy $25 bonuses in the VIP store, which offer higher value for money ($0.011/FPP) than Bronze $10 bonuses ($0.01/FPP).
Forecasts made with the Rakeback.com PokerStars Calculator are accurate for the average player. If you play 10% tighter than average (which is a good approximation for solid, winning TAGs), then you may need to play 10% more hands to achieve the same rewards.
To check this, go to the PokerStars lobby where you can see the VPIP (voluntarily put money into pot) numbers for each table. If your VPIP is lower than the table averages you see in the lobby, then you are tighter than average, and vice versa.
The exchange rate that we have used to convert FPPs to USD ($) is based on the typical exchange rate which players at each VIP level achieve. Lower VIP levels can achieve a higher exchange rate and higher rakeback if FPP points are exchanged for max value.
The Pokerstars Rakeback Calculator is based on data from over 80 million real-money hands played at the industry leading room. PokerStars has one of the most profitable and complex VIP programs of any poker site because there are so many forms of rewards, including FPPs, freerolls & milestone bonuses.
Joss was one of the 2+2 members elected as player representatives to discuss rake with PokerStars at their HQ on the Isle of Man in Jan this year.
As part of his preparation Joss studied rake models from many poker sites, building his own spreadsheet based rake and VIP scheme model to see the impact of the changes player reps proposed.
In the last few months Joss has built relationships with a number of people in the industry who have a specific interest in rake and has gained access to actual rake figures from millions of hands played at all levels and in all cash games on PokerStars.
The data on which this calculator is built is not theoretical. It is based on over 80,000,000 real hands played on PokerStars since the last rake and VIP scheme changes.
Joss averages well over 50,000 hands a month on PokerStars, playing 12-16 tables of 6 max cash.
Up to 74% VIP Rakeback + $600 Bonus
Up to 30% VIP Rakeback + $500 Bonus
Up to 30% Rakeback + $1000 Bonus
Up to 30% Rakeback + £1200 Bonus
Up to 32% Rakeback + $1000 Bonus
Up to 27% Rakeback + $1000 Bonus